So far, in 2016, (as of January 31, 2016), in the United States, there have been:
- 3,970 incidents.
- 1,021 deaths.
- 2,013 injuries.
- 43 children killed (ages 0 - 11)
- 202 teens killed (ages 12 - 17)
- 12 mass shootings.
- 370 officer-involved incident.
- 196 home invasions.
- 129 incidents of defensive use.
- 190 accidental shootings.
In Rhode Island...
- We rank close to the bottom for National Instant Criminal Background Check System compliance.
- We impose virtually no special requirements to carry a concealed gun in a K - 12 school.
- High capacity magazines are permitted in Rhode Island, while they are banned in nearly all of our surrounding states.
- Domestic violence laws are not consistent with national best practices. Convicted offenders have access to firearms.