An Idaho State University instructor with a concealed handgun permit accidentally shot himself in the foot during a chemistry lab session. The man suffered a non-life threatening injury and was treated a local medical center and released. Despite opposition from every public university college president, lawmakers passed legislation earlier this year allowing retired law enforcement officers and people with concealed-carry permits to take firearms onto public college and university campuses but not into dormitories or stadiums.
- 16 Representatives on the Fence
- Dramatic Rise of Assault Weapons and High Capacity Firearms in Crime
- Press Release: Kudos to RI House Judiciary Committe for Extreme Risk Protection Order
- RI is Way Out-of-Step When it Comes to Guns in Schools
- Press Release: Applauding Massachusetts Assault Weapon Court Victory